Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Target -> Site map -> In-scope items

Martin | Last updated: Jul 15, 2022 03:01PM UTC

Hello, There used to be an indicator which target URLs are in scope, in the site map. But There is no visible indicator anymore in the latest version v2022.6.1. Can you please bring that back? I can't rightclick dozens of URLs to find out which sites I've marked as in-scope. There should be a visible indicator. Thank You

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 18, 2022 09:19AM UTC

Hi If you change your Site Map filter to "Show only in-scope items" then you will be able to quickly view all of your in-scope items.

Martin | Last updated: Jul 19, 2022 03:53AM UTC

Hello, No this is not sufficient. Then I won't see the other items which are not in scope. I have typically tests, where there are 100 or more items in the list. It's NOT a solution - I repeat: it is NOT - a solution to filter the items. I don't want a workaround - which really is not a workaround, but I need the indicator back, that highlights in-scope hosts. That indicator has been there until at least last year. I need that back. Understand, please: it is NOT an option to filter in-scope items, then changing the filter back, to see which items are not in scope. That's not a workaround, that's a nightmare! MF

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 19, 2022 10:20AM UTC

Hi Martin Thank you for that information. Could you tell me the version of Burp that you last saw the indicator on? I've tried various older versions of Burp, going back as far as v2.1.07 but have been unable to find any form of visual indication for whether a request is in scope or not in the Site Map. Is it possible that you had an extension loaded that was adding a highlight to in-scope request items? I've written you a quick extension that, on-load, will highlight any in-scope items in your Site Map green. You can find it here: https://github.com/Hannah-PortSwigger/HighlightInScopeSiteMap

Martin | Last updated: Jul 22, 2022 05:13AM UTC

Hello Hannah, Thanks for your message. I agree, this was most likely an extension. Can you please forward this as a feature request. Thank you.

Martin | Last updated: Jul 22, 2022 05:18AM UTC

And no, what your extension does is not what I need. I need it to highlight the server in the left hand side. Not the request. Martin

Martin | Last updated: Jul 22, 2022 05:20AM UTC

Since you apparantly misunderstood my request, could you please check again, if that feature existed in previous version? Martin

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 22, 2022 09:54AM UTC

Hi Martin I'm aware that the extension doesn't quite meet your requirements. However, it is not possible to achieve the functionality you want using purely the Extender API. So far, we've checked back to v2.1.07 (2019) and verified with our developers, but we've not been able to find the feature that you've mentioned. We're happy to do some more checks if you have an idea of the timeframe that you saw this feature or the rough version number.

Martin | Last updated: Jul 24, 2022 10:03AM UTC

Hello, Yes like stated previously, I think that was an extension. I just tried with Burp Suite Pro 1.7.3 and can't find that described indicator either. Could you please consider adding such a feature in a future version? Thanks Hannah Kind regards, Martin

Martin | Last updated: Jul 24, 2022 10:03AM UTC

Hello, Yes like stated previously, I think that was an extension. I just tried with Burp Suite Pro 1.7.3 and can't find that described indicator either. Could you please consider adding such a feature in a future version? Thanks Hannah Kind regards, Martin

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 25, 2022 10:42AM UTC

Hi Martin We'll discuss this further with the team and look into raising a feature request :) Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.