Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Tap Start Burp an error has been reported.

大宇 | Last updated: Apr 03, 2024 02:17AM UTC

Error content:Failed to create Burp project:Cannot invoke "java.nio.file.Path.resolve(String)"because"<local1>" is null. This error occurs in the version Burp Suite Professional v2024.2.1.3(stable).But Burp Suite Professional v2024.1.1.6(stable) Unaffected.

Manish | Last updated: Apr 03, 2024 04:41AM UTC

Yesterday I updated my Burp Suite and from than I'm unable to create project. I don't know about BS Professional because I'm using Community Edition v2024.2.1.3 and don't know which version I was previously using.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 03, 2024 09:08AM UTC

Hi Both Can you please email support@portswigger.net with a screenshot of the error you see when creating a new project?

Gabriel | Last updated: Apr 25, 2024 11:56PM UTC

Hello, i have the same problem.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 26, 2024 06:27AM UTC

Hi Gabriel, We believe this issue is restricted to certain versions of Burp Community when the user installs Burp in a non-default installation location. If you reinstall Burp and accept the default installation path (as pre-populated in the installation wizard) does this then allow you to use the software?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.