Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Symantec AV is blocking Burp scans

Murali | Last updated: Sep 30, 2020 06:03AM UTC

Dear Team Our Organization's Symantec Anti virus is blocking the Burp scans. Please provide any steps required to perform to overcome this issue other than disabling the AV completely. Thanks & Regards Murali

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 30, 2020 08:34AM UTC

Hi Murali, Based on how our software works, we would suggest whitelisting the application traffic or disabling the AV temporarily whilst you run scans.

Murali | Last updated: Sep 30, 2020 11:21AM UTC

Thanks Uthman Is there any specific files and folders that can be excluded from the real-time blocking other than disabling the AV. Thanks & regards Murali

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 30, 2020 11:28AM UTC

Hi Murali, You need to ensure that all the traffic from Burp is not being blocked by your AV. There are no specific files but I would suggest the installation directory, to begin with. If the issue persists, you will need to disable the AV.

Giovanni | Last updated: Mar 12, 2022 03:37AM UTC

Apologies for writing in an old thread, but I just came across the same issue and found a solution so I decided to share it in case somebody gets in the same situation in the future. In my case, disabling AV and Firewall did not fix the error, what I did to fix it was to go to Norton settings>firewall and then in the Intrusion and Browser Protection, I clicked in the Intrusion AutoBlock configure, and turn it off temporarily, just while scanning.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.