Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Swagger Parser and Wsdler improvement

Alexandre | Last updated: Jul 14, 2016 02:26PM UTC

Hi Portswigger, I don't know if you already got a similar request. I would love to see a Burp Extension similar to Wsdler but for Swagger files (REST API testing) released. This would avoid having to chain Burp (and therefore make life easier for us pentester) to SOAP-UI in order to extract/parse and visualise the different methods call which can be sent to an API. Moreover, right now, with the Wsdler extension it is only possible to parse a Wsdler file from an URL, it would be a good feature to be able to parse a Wsdler from a file as well. Kind regards, Alex

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 18, 2016 12:50PM UTC

Thank you. We have this request captured in our feature backlog for Burp. If someone does create a suitable extension, we'd be happy to consider it for the BApp Store.

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 31, 2016 03:15PM UTC

I second this request. It would be very useful.

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 07, 2016 03:47PM UTC

I also second that, swagger documentation consumption by Burp would be a big plus for us

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 08, 2016 05:14PM UTC

This extension could be of interest for some people: https://github.com/AresS31/swurg

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 12, 2016 04:06PM UTC

When Alexandre's extension is completed I think it would be great for the BApp store

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 23, 2018 11:35AM UTC

hello i got this error: Could not load the OpenAPI specification: java.lang.nullpointerexception any ideas?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.