Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Support global variables

Paul | Last updated: Jun 21, 2022 02:24PM UTC

There are extensions that have some support for variables, but they seem like overkill for handling only variables. I can also achieve some of this with Session Handling Rules in Proxy Options, but it is not as easy when wanting to support multiple variables. My example is during API testing, I may end up with many repeater tabs for all the different requests I'm working with and they use an expiring JWT. It would helpful to set multiple variables with different JWT values corresponding to different users. Then when a token expires I can update the value and not have to update each Repeater tab as I go or if I want to use a different user's token, I only have to change the variable name in the Repeater tab.

Paul | Last updated: Jun 21, 2022 02:26PM UTC

I should have stated that how Postman handles variables made me want for this in Burp. That might help get across what I'm wanting to do. Thank you.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 22, 2022 09:35AM UTC

Thanks for this request, we've added it to our development backlog for further consideration. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

0xceba | Last updated: Mar 16, 2024 12:46AM UTC

I ran into the same pain point in my API testing so I created the extension Burp Variables to port this functionality into Burp. Download it here: https://github.com/0xceba/burp_variables

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.