Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Stop current webpage from appearing in HTTP History

Aren | Last updated: Nov 02, 2023 09:48AM UTC

Greetings. So I have a tendency to listen to music while working, and I do it using Soundcloud. But using it on my browser really messes up my HTTP History with unnecessary traffic shown. Sure I can open it in incognito mode, but the question is: Is there a way to stop BurpSuite from at least showing traffic from certain webpages or websites? Thanks in advance!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 02, 2023 11:31AM UTC

Hi Aren, You do have the ability to set a target scope or exclude URLs from being considered as part of your target (if you wanted to only interact with certain sites or exclude certain sites from being sent through Burp). For ease of use, would using a proxied browser for your actual work and a non-proxed browser to listen to your music work better for you i.e. you could use the embedded browser to carry out your work and another browser to carry out non-work related activities?

robibbi | Last updated: Jan 12, 2024 09:26AM UTC

To prevent BurpSuite from showing traffic from specific webpages or websites, consider using Burp's Target Scope feature. Define the scope to exclude Soundcloud, reducing unnecessary traffic in your HTTP History.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.