Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

solved labs status not updated

salsabila | Last updated: Jul 24, 2024 10:16AM UTC

hello , I have been using your website in the last few months and i haven't encountered a similar problem until the past couple of weeks .When I solve a lab , it takes a long period of time to update the status to "lab solved" (I once spent the whole night thinking that I made some kind of a mistake , but it just updated in the morning by itself -Lab: CSRF where token validation depends on token being present-) . I am still having the same problem now with the first WebSockets vulnerabilities lab and I would like to know what the problem exactly is . Thank you for your help !

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 24, 2024 10:25AM UTC

Hi Salsabila, Just to clarify, you are referring to the lab 'Manipulating WebSocket messages to exploit vulnerabilities' is that correct?

salsabila | Last updated: Jul 24, 2024 10:33AM UTC

hello , yes I am referring to that lab . I am sure I solved it because I got an alert on my browser ( both the burp chromium browser and firefox).

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 24, 2024 12:56PM UTC

Hi Salsabila, I have just run through that particular lab and been able to solve it instantly using the written solution provided - are you intercepting the Websocket request and then altering it before, ultimately, sending it to the destination server?

salsabila | Last updated: Jul 25, 2024 04:27PM UTC

Hello again , I followed the steps given in the provided solution , I got an alert in my browser , and the lab's status is still not updated (it's been a day and a half since the first attempt !), reading through some other posts , I noticed that I am not the only one having this issue . what could possibly be causing this delay ?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 26, 2024 06:56AM UTC

Hi Salsabila, Are you able to provide us with some screenshots or a screen recording of what you are doing and seeing? If it is easier to do this via email then please feel free to send this to us at support@portswigger.net and we can take a look from there.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.