Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Solved labs in the Academy are not shown as solved.

ImSchatten360 | Last updated: Jul 07, 2021 01:35PM UTC

Hello, I solved the levels listed below but it is not noted outside the lab (e.g. "Track my progress"). However, when I access the labs I receive the message "Congratulations, you solved the lab!". Lab: Reflected XSS into attribute with angle brackets HTML-encoded Lab: Stored XSS into anchor href attribute with double quotes HTML-encoded Lab: Information disclosure in error messages Lab: Information disclosure on debug page ... In other posts I saw that this is an issue that some users experienced in the past as well. Best regards

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 07, 2021 02:48PM UTC

Thanks for getting in touch. We are currently investigating the cause of this issue, we'll be in touch as soon as we have more information.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 08, 2021 10:16AM UTC

Hi We just wanted to confirm that the issue with the Web Academy labs is now fixed and labs that are solved from this point onwards will be saved in your account. Unfortunately, this does mean that you will have to redo any labs that were solved whilst this issue was present. We apologize for this inconvenience.

ImSchatten360 | Last updated: Jul 08, 2021 01:35PM UTC

Thanks for the Academy and the fast fix! It seems to work again.

andrzej | Last updated: Feb 06, 2022 10:27AM UTC

"Reflected XSS with some SVG markup allowed" seems to have the same issue.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 07, 2022 11:10AM UTC

Thanks for getting in touch. We've tested this here and we were able to complete the lab, it was showing as solved within the lab and on the list of All Labs. Our 'Level Progress' scores also increased as we completed it. If you try the lab again and are still having issues can you please email support@portswigger.net with some screenshots or a screen recording to describe the steps you are taking and at what stage the lab is failing to show as solved, please?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.