Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

SOCKS proxy runs very slow

diego | Last updated: Aug 05, 2016 03:07PM UTC

I configured my burp suite by default port (127.0.0.1:8080). I'm running Firefox 48, Java 8_101 (Both Latest versions) CA certificate is already installed. The problem is: When I use SOCKS proxy in User Options->Connections->SOCKS proxy (even with checked/unchecked Do DNS lookups over SOCKS proxy) I make a test with Firefox Developer Tools and take the time how much it takes to load a website IE: https://ipinfo.io(can be any other medium website) and it takes over 30-40, sometimes 50 seconds to load completely. But when I put this SOCKS proxy directly in my Firefox network configuration (obviously not using Burp Suite) and Test load time, this website is loaded in just 8 seconds, 15 maximum. Am I doing something wrong in Burp Suite configuration that makes this a problem?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 08, 2016 10:24AM UTC

Burp Suite uses core java API's to handle SOCKS. You could try using a different version of Java? Is it just one application that you are having this issue with?

Burp User | Last updated: Mar 20, 2018 05:33PM UTC

Hi, Is there any resolution to this? I'm currently experiencing the same issue with an upstream proxy. When the proxy is inserted into Firefox, the page loads immediately. When Burp uses the proxy, the site takes pretty long to load. The upstream proxy server is squid3. Thanks, Daniel

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.