Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Socket write error

Shreyash | Last updated: Mar 04, 2020 10:45AM UTC

What is connection reset by peer: socket write error and how to resolve it?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 04, 2020 12:07PM UTC

Hi Could you provide some more detail on this error, please? What is the full error message? Where are you seeing this message? (What is the source?) What behavior are you doing at the time? E.g. browsing through the proxied browser, performing an automated scan, etc

Shreyash | Last updated: Mar 23, 2020 06:37AM UTC

I am getting this error while performing automated scan for a particular website. The error is connection by peer:socket write error. And audit is getting paused by giving n error: Paused due to error: 11 consecutive audit items have failed. that is whatever request burp is sending they are not getting response.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 23, 2020 10:02AM UTC

Thank you for that information. Are you able to manually browse to the URL that is triggering the error? Does this occur for all websites you scan or just one in particular? You can configure how Burp handles errors during your audit by going to "New scan configuration > Auditing > Handling application errors during audit".

Shreyash | Last updated: Mar 24, 2020 07:17AM UTC

yes I am able to manually trigger the URL. It is for specific website only.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 24, 2020 01:23PM UTC

Is this happening for every page on the website or just one specific page? Could you provide me with your diagnostics information? You can find this at "Help > Diagnostics". If you would rather, you can email it to us at support@portswigger.net

Shreyash | Last updated: Mar 25, 2020 05:58AM UTC

It is happening for every page on that website. actually we have used load ballencer for that website.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 26, 2020 09:14AM UTC

Could you provide me with your diagnostics information? You can find this at "Help > Diagnostics". If you would rather, you can email it to us at support@portswigger.net The extension "Target Redirector" (https://portswigger.net/bappstore/d938ed20acbe4cd9889aa06bd23ba7e1) claims to help with websites that are protected by third-party DDoS protection/load balancers. Have you tried using that?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.