Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Setting up proxy for Burp Enterprise Agents

Yu | Last updated: Apr 19, 2021 02:21PM UTC

Hi Burp Team, I am current doing a PoC evaluation on Burp Enterprise. After the tool is set up, it seems the agent is having issue connecting to our internal applications through proxy. And there were connection related errors. Can someone help with this?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 20, 2021 09:28AM UTC

Hi, To clarify, you require your agents to make use of a proxy in order to be able to connect successfully when they are scanning your web applications? If so, this needs to be setup at the scan configuration level - if you navigate to the 'gear' icon -> Scan configurations -> New configuration screen there is a section entitled Connections -> Upstream Proxy Servers and within here you can setup the details of your proxy server. You would then need to save this configuration and make sure it is applied for each scan that you perform against your site (or you have the option to apply default scan configurations at the site level, which means that you could apply this configuration once and it would be used each time the site was subsequently scanned, by default). Please let us know if you require any more information about this (if screenshots would be helpful then please email us at support@portswigger.net and we can provide some more details on this via that medium) 

Yu | Last updated: Apr 20, 2021 01:02PM UTC

Hi Support Team, Thanks! It seems I also have to put in a destination host. Can you kindly share what I should put in if I have to use it for all the sites instead of one destination?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 21, 2021 08:49AM UTC

Hi, If you place a * character in the destination host then this will mean that all traffic (regardless of its destination) will be sent via your configured proxy host. You should then be able to reuse your scan configuration for all of your sites (rather than creating a specific configuration for each site).

Yu | Last updated: Apr 21, 2021 12:41PM UTC

Thanks it works now!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.