Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Setting setSearchExpression for Burps' Message Editor

Gaurav | Last updated: Jan 12, 2020 10:07AM UTC

I'm making an extension where I have to show markers or found string in response. I prefer not to use the IScanner of Burp rather want to use the setSearchExpression of the TextEditor to highlight in response. But the thing is that while using the Message Editor of burp, it shows that there is an error 'burp.q9i' object has no attribute 'setSearchExpression' Used Code: self._responseViewer = self._callbacks.createMessageEditor(self, False) self._responseViewer.setSearchExpression("777") Please let me know what error I'm making from my side

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 13, 2020 09:04AM UTC

Do you have a public GitHub repository I can take a look at to see a bit more of your code?

Burp User | Last updated: Jan 15, 2020 01:54PM UTC

Is there any option to set the setSearchExpression string for IMessageEditor? The setSearchExpression only works for the ITextEditor

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 16, 2020 09:25AM UTC

The full list of extender documentation can be found here: https://portswigger.net/burp/extender/api/index.html (as I'm sure you are aware) Would you be able to set the text for ITextEditor to display the contents of what you would want to find in the IMessageEditor? That way you could have the same contents, but with the setSearchExpression() function.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.