Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Set font via command line OR restore state via command line

Brent | Last updated: Jun 26, 2015 03:35AM UTC

Is there a way to set the font size via a command line option, or restore a saved state via a command line option? For example: java -jar burp.jar --font-size=12 or java -jar burp.jar --restore-state settings.dat I am looking for a way to create two shortcuts to Burp that would automatically start with different font sizes (if possible!), for starting the GUI with the correct font size based on the DPI of the display connected. On that note is there a summary of all the command line options that are available? I know 'usedefaults' is one. Thank you

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 26, 2015 01:31PM UTC

There isn't currently a way to do this, sorry. We're actively working on supporting a new text-based config file for all Burp settings, and we will provide command-line options to start Burp with a specified configuration. So you'll easily be able to save out different configurations and launch them from the command line. Here is a list of currently supported command line arguments: usedefaults noextensions diagnostics --collaborator-server --collaborator-config

Burp User | Last updated: Jun 26, 2015 01:47PM UTC

Thanks for the quick response! Looking forward to the new feature.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 26, 2015 02:13PM UTC

You can use the usedefaults command line argument in a batch file to launch Burp with defaults. In the forthcoming 1.7 release, you'll be able to create config files for different purposes and specify a config file on the command line: http://blog.portswigger.net/2016/04/introducing-burp-projects.html

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 11, 2016 06:19AM UTC

Hi, We are looking to restore config options through command line. Ideally I would like to click a batch file which opens burp with all the options preset. Is this feature present?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.