The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

'Send to' Extension

Xkmp1811 | Last updated: Sep 05, 2016 06:42AM UTC

As a new member of the Burp community, I was playing around with creating Extensions. I now try to implement the "Send to" feature with my Extension, I want to send items from the HTTP History to my Extension, where the URLs should be listed in a table (Similar to the Logger example, just that I don't want to log traffic, but send selected items to my Logger). The API and documentation is overwhelming, and I can't find an example that shows me how to do it. Any help is appreciated! Thank you, Xkpm

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 05, 2016 09:46AM UTC

The best way to do this is using an IContextMenuFactory: https://portswigger.net/burp/extender/api/burp/IContextMenuFactory.html If you register your factory, it will be called when the context menu is invoked, to provide a suitable set of menu items based on the invocation context and the selected items.

Burp User | Last updated: Sep 05, 2016 01:13PM UTC

Thank you Dafydd Stuttard, that was the necessary hint I needed! Knowing what to look for, I found some examples and worked it out - it was not that difficult, almost a bit embarrassed I had to ask here. Thanks a lot!

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 05, 2016 01:14PM UTC

No problem - glad you got it working.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.