Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Send a request through the proxy

Omar | Last updated: Oct 05, 2020 09:33AM UTC

Is there a way to send extension request through the proxy? I would like to add the output of one extension to the proxy history. Thanks.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 05, 2020 10:50AM UTC

Are you trying to add a request from your extension tab to the proxy history? Have you looked at any existing extensions on GitHub? - https://github.com/PortSwigger

Omar | Last updated: Oct 05, 2020 11:40AM UTC

Let's say we have 2 extensions, one that discovers parameters and the other that scans for SQLi. The one scanning for SQLi is running as live task which scans all proxy traffic. Once a new parameter is found, it is added to the scanner issues. I can access that with my extension, I wanted to know if there is a simple way to send IHttpRequestResponse request through Burp proxy instead of using vanilla Java to analyse the request and send it after that through the proxy. I am working on an extension that feeds the scanner issues of one extension to another. I am not sure if there is an extension doing that already in BApp

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 06, 2020 02:23PM UTC

For auditing purposes, it is identifiable where a request has come from. You can either send a request through the proxy by setting Burp up as the proxy (e.g. via a selenium script), using curl, or an implementation in the Java networking library.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.