Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Secure Connection Failed

Mohini | Last updated: Aug 25, 2022 09:41AM UTC

Hi Team, I am facing secure connection failed issue. I am using burpsuite professional and mozilla latest version. I am not able to intercept any https request.I have already installed CA certificate but still it wont work Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to testcellma.northwales.police.uk. Peer’s certificate has an invalid signature. Error code: SEC_ERROR_BAD_SIGNATURE The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 26, 2022 06:35AM UTC

Hi Mohini, Can you confirm, in detail, how you have installed the Burp CA certificate in Firefox? If you use the embedded browser, available via the Proxy -> Intercept -> Open Browser button within Burp, do you see the same issues interacting with HTTPS sites?

ahmed | Last updated: Sep 02, 2022 12:02PM UTC

same problem here latest burp version,latest both firefox and chrome and also the inbult burp broswer ,tried alll java versions from 15 to 18,installed and trusted the certificate both in windows and browser either it showes Secure Connection Failed or blank page in browser with the traffic successfully captured in burp

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 02, 2022 06:09PM UTC

Hi Ahmed, Are you using a Windows machine with ESET anti-virus running?

ahmed | Last updated: Sep 02, 2022 09:52PM UTC

yes am using eset antivirus just unistalled it and now burp works perfectly tried to disable web security completely but didnt work so the only soultion is to uninstall eset :) thank you very much for your help ben

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 05, 2022 08:35AM UTC

Hi, For the 'blank' embedded browser we have found that users had to add Burp and the embedded browser as exceptions within ESET, which can be configured under the following menus: Setup -> Network Protection -> Network Attack protection (IDS) -> Web and Email -> Protocol Filtering -> Excluded Applications -> Add (and add the Burp and the embedded browser locations) If you open up your diagnostic information (via the Help -> Diagnostics menu option) you should be able to check where the main Burp executable has been installed to by checking the 'user.dir' parameter. Similarly, the location of the embedded browser executables should be recorded in the 'Burp Browser binaries' parameter. For the issues with an external browser - does the error state that something along the lines of 'software is preventing a secure connection'? If so, do/did you have ESET set up to perform HTTP inspection?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.