Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Searching/Matching/Extracting Arabic/Hebrew Keywords isn't Working

ahmad | Last updated: Jan 17, 2023 11:32AM UTC

For example when I type a text in Arabic/Hebrew Language under "Match and Replace" Under "Proxy->Options" it doesn't find a match even though there is one... The same for burp intruder when I extract a text in Hebrew/Arabic it's being showed in a strange way. This was working like 6-7 months ago...

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 19, 2023 07:47AM UTC

Thanks for your message, Ahmad. Do you know which version of Burp this worked with? You can download older versions of Burp Suite from our releases page - https://portswigger.net/burp/releases

ahmad | Last updated: Mar 15, 2023 05:25AM UTC

Hi, It was a pretty old version ~1.5 years ago from what I remember so downgrading isn't an option as I will miss a lot of other features. Aren't you planning to fix this bug? it's been for a while now Tried to URL-encode the phrases but that doesn't seem to help

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 16, 2023 02:08PM UTC

Hi Is the text displaying correctly in the message editor, or is it getting modified? If you use the "Search" bar to locate specific characters in the request/response, does it locate them as expected?

ahmad | Last updated: Mar 16, 2023 10:04PM UTC

Yes it's displaying correctly, plus search bar works as expected.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 21, 2023 11:11AM UTC

Hi Can you please email support@portswigger.net with screenshots showing an example of the behavior to help us replicate the issue?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.