Burp Suite User Forum

Login to post

Search regex extract

David | Last updated: Nov 21, 2020 10:28PM UTC

I'd like to have a way to have Burp Search extract all the values that match a certain regex or results between a start and end regex. This would be similar to the feature in Intruder that can extract values based on two regexes. Additionally, I believe the following two right-click options would be useful: * Copy the extracted values for all selected items * Copy the unique extracted values for all selected items (but not sorted) Currently, I can do this by searching for a regex, saving the items without Base64 encoding, opening the file in Sublime, and using its regex search function to extract the values. However, this is a bit tedious, a bit slow, and I lose the information related to the request itself, so it only really works if I only care about the values themselves. A second workaround if I really need the request context and there's too much data to manually reference back, is to write an XML parser in Python, which is time consuming. Example usages: * Extract all Server/X-Powered-By headers * Extract a list of all stack traces that match a certain structure * Extract disclosed local file paths ("C:\inetpub\...")

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 23, 2020 02:15PM UTC

Thanks for this request. We'll discuss this with the Burp Pro team and get back to you ASAP.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 25, 2020 05:41PM UTC

We've added this feature request to our development backlog.

You need to Log in to post a reply. Or register here, for free.