Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Search field in Comparer and Order switch

IAKOVENKO | Last updated: Jun 17, 2020 01:58PM UTC

Hello, It would be great to have a Searchfied in both Comparer windows and to be able switch the comparing priority between the 2 requests/responses on Comparer result window. thx

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 18, 2020 07:57AM UTC

Thanks for getting in touch. We are currently monitoring the number of users who are interested in seeing a search function within the Comparer tab so we've linked your message to register your interest. Could you explain a bit more about your idea for being able to switch the comparing priority in the Comparer result window and how you would like to see that work?

IAKOVENKO | Last updated: Jun 22, 2020 07:54AM UTC

hello, Could you explain a bit more about your idea for being able to switch the comparing priority in the Comparer result window and how you would like to see that work? my idea is that the coloring of "modified/deleted/added" is based on which request/response is ranked as #1 . I would like to be able to switch between what it is considered as the "original" request/response to see the different parsing of 'modified/deleted/added" . I hope you get me not sure of my explanation BR

IAKOVENKO | Last updated: Jun 22, 2020 07:54AM UTC

hello, Could you explain a bit more about your idea for being able to switch the comparing priority in the Comparer result window and how you would like to see that work? my idea is that the coloring of "modified/deleted/added" is based on which request/response is ranked as #1 . I would like to be able to switch between what it is considered as the "original" request/response to see the different parsing of 'modified/deleted/added" . I hope you get me not sure of my explanation BR

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 22, 2020 01:14PM UTC

Hi Thanks for the extra information. How many requests have you sent to Comparer? If you have sent multiple requests to Comparer (e.g. 3 requests), it is possible to change which requests are being compared so that item 1 could be the 3rd request that was sent to the comparer tool, and item 2 could be the first request sent to the repeater tool. Would this help in your situation?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.