Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Schedule an Attack to run every day at a specific time.

Mohammad | Last updated: Mar 21, 2017 11:23AM UTC

Hi, How can I schedule an attack to run everyday at a specific time. Thanks.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 21, 2017 11:38AM UTC

Hi Mohammad Thanks for your message. Have you tried using the Task Scheduler? - https://portswigger.net/burp/help/suite_functions_taskscheduler.html Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Burp User | Last updated: Jan 24, 2018 11:33PM UTC

I've looked into Task Scheduler, can you please answer a couple of questions 1) Does this work even when the Burp suite application is not up and running? 2) Where does the report get stored? Suppose I've scheduled scan to run for every 6 hours, what is default path it gets stored? Thanks

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 25, 2018 07:47AM UTC

1. At the moment you can't do this using just Burp Pro. In the near future we'll be releasing Burp Enterprise Edition, which will facilitate this functionality. 2. This data is saved to disk and is viewable via the Target Site map tab. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Burp User | Last updated: Nov 15, 2018 02:50PM UTC

Hi Liam, Can you please provide/redirect me how to use the task scheduler to open and run the BURP scan. I want to open a specific project and want to bypass the prompt to download the latest beta version available when I open the BURP through windows scheduler. I tried the following command “c:\Program Files\BurpSuitePro\jre\bin\java.exe” -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar “c:\Program Files\BurpSuitePro\burpsuite_pro.jar” Seems like I am missing the project here. Here how can I give the required project. How can I know if the task is running or not. Thanks, Tejo.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 15, 2018 02:59PM UTC

--project-file - Open the specified project file; this will be created as a new project if the file does not exist. - https://support.portswigger.net/customer/portal/articles/2928360-using-burp-s-command-line-arguments There is no way to bypass the prompt. We'll add this for future BETA versions.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.