Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Scanning Machines Health-Notifications

Mitjans | Last updated: Jan 25, 2023 08:29AM UTC

Hi all, Someone knows if is possible to receive alerts or emails about the health of the Burpsuite Scanning Machines? Constantly our scanning machines are automatically disconnected or appears 'Unexpected Errors' randomly. The way for 'solve' this problem is directly restart the burpsuite agent services and after that the status changes to 'Connected'. The case is that the only way that i know to check the health of the scanning machines is accesing directly to the administration console but we want to avoid this because we are losing a lot of scheduled site scans . I've configured SMTP notifications, we didn't receive any notification by email when this kind of issues happens. Someone knows any alternative to configure alerting for this ? Thanks in advanced.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 26, 2023 08:30AM UTC

Thanks for your message, Mitjans. Could we ask which OS you are using? We're investigating an issue with zombie Chromium processes causing these symptoms. Does rebooting the OS of the scanning machine temporarily resolve this issue?

Mitjans | Last updated: Jan 30, 2023 12:24PM UTC

Hi, Yes, reboot solves temporaly the issue but for the moment i want to know how to handle the notifications of the agent health. Thanks.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 30, 2023 04:21PM UTC

Thanks for letting us know, Mitjans. We have no native system to provide notifications regarding the health of your scanning machines. I'll discuss this with our product team and get back to you ASAP.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 31, 2023 02:47PM UTC

Thanks for your patience, Mitjans. We've created a ticket to explore adding notifications when scanning machines or services have issues. Unfortunately, we can't provide an ETA for this work. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.