Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Scanner status indication is pretty unreliable.

Chris | Last updated: Jun 23, 2019 03:45PM UTC

1) The scanner very often shows that a scan is completed by showing full bar and by text also, while the number of requests is increasing and actually the scan isn't completed. 2) The scanner very often shows that a scan is not completed by showing a non full bar and by text also, while the scan is actually completed.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 24, 2019 07:26AM UTC

Thanks for letting us know about this. We are aware that (1) can occur when sending additional items to an "Audit selected items" task and will aim to fix this in due course. If you know of other scenarios that can happen, please let us know. We have not encountered (2) in our testing. If you are able to capture a screenshot or describe what you were doing when this happened, that would be really helpful.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 06, 2019 11:43AM UTC

As of the last release (Version 2.1.05) you should now be able to pause new items that you have added to a fininshed task in the Dashboard. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Burp User | Last updated: Nov 13, 2019 02:47PM UTC

I could do this before. I don't understand what is the new feature here. Instead the last version introduced new scanner bugs. For example when I pause an audit and then try to resume it, it doesn't resume. To fix this I need to restart burp.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 13, 2019 02:52PM UTC

Hi Chris There was a bug that was fixed in 2.1.05 that meant that the pause button was ignored when you added new items to a fininshed task. Could you tell us more about this new issue you are encountering? Are you able to reproduce it consistently? Do you have performance feedback enabled (User options > Misc > Performance feedback)? If so, could you provide us with your diagnostics (Help > Diagnostics)?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.