Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Scan got failed due to Error - Failed to license agent

Rajender | Last updated: Oct 03, 2022 10:12AM UTC

ERROR : Failed to license agent Above error disrupted the scan despite having license valid till Dec 2022 for BurpSuite Enterprise Edition (enterprise-edition-2022-8). Last week it ran successfully on same configuration. I did not get any help from logs. The last lines of logs are : Debug Saturday 1, at 9:31AM Maximum time exceeded in static code analysis of: /static/js/43.a1afb5ad.chunk.js. Cause Burp Scanner's static JavaScript analysis feature has reached the maximum time it is allocated for analysis of an individual item. Remediation There are a number of ways to remedy this error: To increase the time Burp Scanner is allocated for static JavaScript analysis, from the settings menu select Scan configurations and select the scan. From JavaScript Analysis , increase the Maximum static analysis time per item. If you do not want Burp Scanner to perform static JavaScript analysis, turn off Use static analysis techniques.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 03, 2022 11:42AM UTC

Thanks for your message. Can you please try a services restart (enterprise & web services along with the agent service): - https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/enterprise/configuring-infrastructure/managing-services Once completed, if the errors persist, please could you send your log files to support@portswigger.net.

Rajender | Last updated: Oct 03, 2022 04:01PM UTC

ok, Thanks Liam !

Rajender | Last updated: Oct 04, 2022 10:40AM UTC

I ran scan for another application and it completed the scan successfully without services restart (enterprise & web services along with the agent service). I will check if the schedule scan for my application fails or not this time before I do a restart of services.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 04, 2022 12:42PM UTC

Thanks for the update, Rajender.

Rajender | Last updated: Oct 10, 2022 08:26AM UTC

I ran a scan for my application this weekend and it completed the scan successfully without services restart (enterprise & web services along with the agent service). So the issue resolved without any fix. Thanks

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.