Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Save UI Tab Sizes

Erim | Last updated: Apr 14, 2020 08:56AM UTC

Hello, loving Burp Suite as per usual, you guys are genuinely running the number 1 pentest tool in the world by a large margin! So thank you. If all tools were half as competent as yours, our jobs would be that much simpler. Big love. One thing I've been waiting to see for a long time in Burp has been the ability to permanently customize the UI. I tend to switch the tabs around in Proxy history / Dashboard a lot depending on my needs, changing sizes or sending some of the columns to the far right where I don't need to see them. But as you know, Burp resets these settings on every relaunch. I think it would be very useful to quite a lot of people if you could add an option to store the current settings as part of the custom configurations one can export already in Burp Suite Pro. I'm no expert at creating UIs, but I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult to record the information regarding current sizes of the tabs into a file? Anyway, please consider it. I know all my peers are customizing their UIs a little bit for their needs as well, so I'm sure this update would be met with great appreciation. Thank you in advance! Keep being awesome, PortSwigger!

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 14, 2020 09:11AM UTC

Hi Erim, Thank you for the kind words! I am glad you are enjoying Burp Suite. I have raised a feature request for you. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an ETA on when the feature will be implemented.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.