Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Save All Repeater Tabs in State File

BB | Last updated: Jul 21, 2015 07:42PM UTC

See bug report here for context: https://support.portswigger.net/customer/portal/questions/11548096-not-all-repeater-tabs-saved-restored-via-state-file I send requests to Repeater as I explore an application, and go back later to play with them. I don't always use them in Repeater immediately, so the tabs become a kind of checklist of tasks I have queued up. On a recent job, I lost quite a few of those reminders after a save/restore because I had not yet used them in Repeater. I later learned that Save/Restore does not include Repeater tabs unless they themselves have some recorded request/response history (see bug report above). This feature request is to have Burp save all Repeater tabs as part of the state file.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 22, 2015 08:03AM UTC

Thanks for this. I guess we didn't anticipate the use case where people have unrequested items in Repeater tabs, to serve as reminders of things to work on. We'll create a feature request to include these items in the state file.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 22, 2015 07:13PM UTC

Thank you! In the meantime, I'll make a point of sending each one from Repeater as soon as I add them. Easy enough.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.