Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Resume crawl+audit after (incomplete) crawl+audit is completed

Simko, | Last updated: Oct 11, 2020 03:43PM UTC

Hi, Could you add some "Resume" Crawl after Audit complete option? For example, if I set limit of Crawl to 300 minutes (default), then Burp says "Crawl aborted due to time limit exceeded". Therefore, maybe Crawl would work for another 250 minutes until it's really finished. So the Audit happens (on data from reaching the 300 minutes limit), and once it finishes, I have some (incomplete) results. However, since Crawl "graph?" is already created and used, it would be perfect if I could continue the Crawl+Audit again, where Crawling phase finished the first time around. So that it would use all the data which was used first time around, and just "continue" where the crawl limit was exceeded. I think it would be a great option:) Thanks

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 12, 2020 09:28AM UTC

Hi Andrej, Just to clarify, you would like functionality similar to 'Audit again' on the audit items in a task. Instead of audit again, 'Crawl and audit' again? Or 'Crawl again'? Is 'Crawl aborted due to time limit exceeded' showing up frequently? Have you considered adjusting the limit?

Simko, | Last updated: Oct 12, 2020 06:58PM UTC

I'd like to have "continue crawling" where is stopped because of the limit exceeded. The "Crawl aborted due to time limit exceeded" shows for huge applications, and I already adjusted the limit to 3000 minutes, but it's still not enough (over 12 000 JSP files). Therefore, I'd like to not start it again, but rather continue after the 3000th minute, once it did the audit of all those requests, which were crawled 3000 minutes before. I hope it's clear:)

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 13, 2020 09:16AM UTC

Thanks a lot for the clarification! We will update this thread if/when the feature is implemented.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.