Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Rest API Internal Server Error

marty | Last updated: Nov 29, 2023 04:42PM UTC

After a system reboot, the REST API suddenly stopped working. I'm using Burp Enterprise. I can still start scans via the GUI, but all the API calls that used to work result in a 500 Internal Server error. Also, when I go to localhost:8080/api/[apikey]/v0.1/scan, it gives an Internal Server Error. When I use an invalid api key, it gives an Unahtorized, but with a valid api key, I get this internal server error. I've also tried regenerating the api key, but that didn't solve the problem. I've also tried restarting all four services : - burpsuiteenterpriseedition_agent.service - burpsuiteenterpriseedition_enterpriseserver.service - burpsuiteenterpriseedition_webserver.service - burpsuiteenterpriseedition_db.service But that didn't solve it either. When I look in the webServer.log I see a notification that 'services are healthy' - nothing that indicates there is an issue.

Maia, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 30, 2023 10:24AM UTC

Thank you for your message. So that we can investigate further, can you please email us (support@portswigger.net) with a copy of the Support Pack? The Support Pack can be downloaded from the Help menu. Can you try navigating to the API toolkit using localhost:8080/api/[apikey]/v0.1/ instead please? Navigating directly to scan in the browser will result in an error. Have you changed the webserver port?

marty | Last updated: Nov 30, 2023 03:16PM UTC

I have provided you with the Support Pack via email. > Can you try navigating to the API toolkit using localhost:8080/api/[apikey]/v0.1/ instead please? This also results in an Internal Server Error > Have you changed the webserver port? I have not changed the port

Maia, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 30, 2023 05:09PM UTC

Thank you for the logs and additional information. We will get back to you over email once we have fully reviewed your logs.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.