Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

REST API. After Scan: Task ID not found

Robin | Last updated: Sep 15, 2020 11:52AM UTC

Burp Suite Profesional v2020.8.1 Steps to reproduce: 1. Start Burp Suite Pro 2. Launch new scan in the GUI 3. Poll scan status with HTTP GET https://127.0.0.1:1337/v0.1/$taskID --> Scan status poll fails with HTTP 400: {"type":"ClientError","error":"Task ID not found"} $taskID was 3 - (1: Live passive crawl from proxy, 2: Live audit from proxy, 3: Crawl and auidit of {MYSCAN} - Seeing on the Burp Dashboard tab)

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 16, 2020 09:20AM UTC

Thank you for reporting this. We have replicated your issue and raised it as a bug.

Robin | Last updated: Sep 25, 2020 10:35AM UTC

Hello, I need this function for my project that I am doing as part of a dual study program. In this regard, I wanted to ask whether the API works properly in an earlier version of Burp so that I can continue working with it? I also wanted to know whether the API can output any information about a scan that is also generated in a "Burp Scanner Report" (e.g. Severity, Request, Response). Thank you in anticipation!

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 25, 2020 10:55AM UTC

Hi Unfortunately, this is a historic issue so a previous version of Burp won't solve this. Are you able to use the REST API in order to trigger the scan to begin with? If the scan has been triggered by the REST API, you can either specify a URL callback to report to when you configure your scan, or you can use the GET /scan/[task_id: String] you output the results of the scan so far. This will include details like issue name, severity, confidence, evidence (base 64 encoded snippets of your relevant requests and responses), as well as other various bits of information.

Robin | Last updated: Sep 25, 2020 12:06PM UTC

Hi, I have tried to trigger a scan with the API and that works very fine, also with the GET /scan/[task_id] - I will use this as "fallback position" till you have fixed the bug. Thank you very much for your help!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.