Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Response window inside HTTP history is gone

Abdullah | Last updated: Mar 18, 2022 02:44AM UTC

I have no idea how but Response window inside HTTP history tab is gone and i have tried to look to restore it but not working Any help would be appreciated thanks How it looks: https://imgur.com/a/9yNrcF1

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 18, 2022 08:56AM UTC

Hi Abdullah, It does not look like you have received a response to the requests shown in your screenshot (if you notice, the 'Status' column is empty) which is why there is no 'Response' tab present. You also appear to have an alert in the Proxy -> Intercept tab - do you have the 'Intercept is on' configuration set within this tab, which means that your requests are stalled and have not yet reached the destination web server?

Abdullah | Last updated: Mar 18, 2022 11:15AM UTC

Thanks, it had the "Intercept is On" button pressed and i thought that's how it should be, But when i changed that to "Intercept is Off" it shows response now.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 18, 2022 11:30AM UTC

Hi Abdullah, With the "Intercept is on" configuration set, any requests from the browser will have been intercepted and waiting for you to perform some manual action on them under the Proxy -> Intercept tab. As these requests have not reached the destination webserver at that point, the site will not load and you will not have received a response. We would generally recommend that you have this set to "Intercept is off" unless you want to capture requests in real time. With "Intercept is off" configured, the requests will still pass through Burp (and are viewable in the Proxy -> HTTP history tab) but you do not have to perform any manual action on them for them to reach the destination web server.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.