Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Response Time Column in Intruder?

IAKOVENKO | Last updated: Jun 02, 2020 04:45PM UTC

Hello, I like to see response time and as I know I can't display it as a column in Intruder. Is there a way to do it? If not do you plan to add this feature soon? Thank you

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 03, 2020 10:09AM UTC

Hi, If you launch your Intruder attack, you should then have the menu option for Column. Within here you can then add the "Response received" and "Response completed" columns. These columns are then added to attack results screen.

IAKOVENKO | Last updated: Jun 16, 2020 08:39AM UTC

Hello, Thank you for you answer but those 2 columns only display "0" for all requests. I was expecting some ms number :/ Does "0" mean less than 1 second? I would like to have the same precision than in repeater .

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 16, 2020 10:43AM UTC

Hi, Can you confirm the version of Burp that you are currently using?

IAKOVENKO | Last updated: Jun 17, 2020 01:56PM UTC

Hi, I m using 2020.4.1

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 17, 2020 05:43PM UTC

Hi, This should have been fixed in version 2020.5. Are you able to upgrade to the latest version and try this again?

Ivan | Last updated: Feb 16, 2021 09:57PM UTC

Hi there, I can't find the "columns"option in the menu in Intruder. I'm on the MacOS community version 2021.2.1

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 17, 2021 09:01AM UTC

Hi Ivan, When you initiate an attack there should be three new menu items in the main MacOS menu bar (next to the Apple symbol menu item) - Attack, Save and Columns. You need to have initiated or completed an attack to see these menu items. If this is not immediately clear to you then please send us an email and we can share a screenshot with you.

T.Ruth | Last updated: Jul 09, 2021 06:02PM UTC

I'm using Burp on a Windows machine and unable to trace the 'Column' menu on the 'Intruder' window as mentioned above and in other threads too. Please provide an easy-to-understand and detailed explanation for finding the option to grep the time delay between requests and responses in intruder attacks. Thank you. T

T.Ruth | Last updated: Jul 09, 2021 06:04PM UTC

Aah..now that's a network problem. Please ignore and, if possible, delete the duplicate posts. Thank you. T

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 13, 2021 08:10AM UTC

Hi, The 'Columns' menu item only appears when an Intruder attack is or has taken place. A new dialog will be displayed that shows the results of the attack and, with this being displayed, you should then have three new menu options - Attack, Save and Columns. The 'Columns' menu allows you to configure what information is being displayed within the results dialog and includes the option to display 'Response received' and 'Response completed' information. If this is still not clear to you then please send us an email at support@portswigger.net and we can provide you with some screenshots in order to, hopefully, illustrate this better for you.

Zeeshan | Last updated: Mar 30, 2023 09:57AM UTC

Even after the intruder attack is taken place on the updated burp suite, it still not shows the row which includes menu options - Attack, Save and Columns. what could be the issue ? Regards

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 30, 2023 01:25PM UTC

Hi Zeeshan, The following screenshot illustrates this better: https://snipboard.io/49pfOe.jpg I am using a Mac so the menu is right at the top of the screen (as is the case on Macs) but you will only see this when you have the attack window still open.

Ivan | Last updated: Apr 20, 2023 10:36AM UTC

Hi there, I am using Burpsuite community version v2023.3.4, and i've been able to get the response columns up from the intruder window (it's at the very top) but I still am getting 0 for the response received and response completed columns. reading the messages above this should be fixed already? I wish I can attach the screenshot here Thanks Ivan

Ivan | Last updated: Apr 20, 2023 10:56AM UTC

OK so turns out the requests were not even processed by Burp hence they always showed 0. had to close and restart Burpsuite for that to start working again. Maybe a bug for when Burp has been left idle overnight?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 20, 2023 11:09AM UTC

Hi Ivan, Are you able to send us an email to support@portswigger.net and include some further details on this (you can include your screenshots in the email as well)?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.