Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Reroute Domain on Game Client

Richard | Last updated: Jun 01, 2018 08:45AM UTC

Hello, i’m working on a game called Marvel Contest of Champions, and i can intercept its proxy with Burp Suite and it gives me the different cloud servers that the data is stored on(mcoc-1800-fbaem.sparxcdn.net) and many others such as (kid-admin.sparxcdn.net) So i what i want to do is modify the game client to reroute the game to connect to a different server/domain(i want to log on the test server). How should i do this? Any help would be nice =)

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 01, 2018 08:46AM UTC

Hi Richard, You could try using the Traffic Redirector extension that's in the BApp Store. However, Burp may not be the most appropriate tool for this, especially if there are non-HTTP protocols. You may want to set up a Linux box as a router, and use iptables to redirect traffic. There's some information here: - https://serverfault.com/questions/586486/how-to-do-the-port-forwarding-from-one-ip-to-another-ip-in-same-network

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 03, 2018 04:18PM UTC

It is impossible to sniff the packets of the game or decrypt them in the new v19.1 Update. Kabam have patched it:( it is more secure, and no longer lets you sniff packets without developer key:(

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.