Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Request body disappears in intruder when scrolling over to the right

ethan | Last updated: Feb 09, 2022 10:05PM UTC

When sending a request to intruder, if the request body is really long and scrolls outside of the window to the right, the text disappears when scrolling to the right to view it. This only seems to happen to the message body (if you scroll to the right, all cookies and long headers are displayed properly). For the request body, sometimes the text will magically appear if you scroll to the right and click in the window but this only works up to a certain point. At no time can you see the entire body scrolling to the right. I've got the latest Java installed as well as the latest Windows Install (2022.1.1). Downgrading to 2021.9.1 seems to fix the issue for now. help?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 10, 2022 09:25AM UTC

Hi Ethan, Is it possible for you to provide us an example of the types of requests that you are seeing this behaviour with? You can email us at support@portswigger.net and include screenshots if that is the easiest method for you. We are aware of similar issues when requests containing JSON are sent to Intruder but it would be useful to know whether this is the same issue in play here or something entirely different.

ethan | Last updated: Feb 10, 2022 04:56PM UTC

Hi Ben, This request is a JSON request. I can send some screenshots in but I'm assuming its probably the same issue that you've already identified re: JSON. Is there a workaround? or if not, a bugfix in the near future? thank you

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 11, 2022 10:35AM UTC

Hi Ethan, Yes, from what you have described it seems that this is the same behaviour that we are seeing. The issue seems to arise when the requests are sent to Intruder from other areas of Burp - a somewhat convoluted workaround is to copy the request from Burp to an outside text editor and then back into Intruder (obviously, this is not ideal but appears to solve the issue). We do have the bug recorded in our Jira system but we will discuss this with the development team to see if we can clarify how the work to fix this is progressing.

Nolan | Last updated: Feb 17, 2022 04:53PM UTC

Is there any progress on this fix? I have been facing issues using intruder for several months now. I work with a team of over 100 pentesters and have spoken to numerous folks facing this issue.

Nolan | Last updated: Feb 17, 2022 04:53PM UTC

Is there any progress on this fix? I have been facing issues using intruder for several months now. I work with a team of over 100 pentesters and have spoken to numerous folks facing this issue.

Suren | Last updated: Feb 17, 2022 05:01PM UTC

Upvoting this. I am witnessing the same issue.

Grant | Last updated: Feb 17, 2022 07:11PM UTC

I am also having the same issue. I am on the October release in my current testing environment and am seeing similar behavior. Sounds like it's made its way into the current releases as well.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 21, 2022 08:44AM UTC

Hi all, Unfortunately, we are still working on resolving the issue with JSON in Intruder. We will update this thread when we have some further news to share about this.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 29, 2022 12:35PM UTC

Hi all, We just wanted to let you know that the Burp Professional 2022.3 'early adopter' release should have fixed this particular issue in Intruder.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.