Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Report highlight

Peter | Last updated: Nov 10, 2016 02:34PM UTC

Hi I've been using Burp for several year now and am a totally dedicated fan of this product! I have however not until now decided that I should create my own customized reports. There are several reason, but one major thing is that I want to be able to edit the reports and add screensshots etc. I come quite a bit with this using pythons docx module. I have however not, from the report xml files generated by Burp, been able to figure out what parts of the requests and responses that should be highlighted. It doesn't seem like this information is included in the xml files. Is there any way that this information could be obtained from a saved file or is that always done internally inside Burp? It's a really great feature to have the highlighted text and my customers really like that, and I would hate to have to give that up with my custom reports. Thanks for a terrific product! /Peter

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 10, 2016 02:40PM UTC

This is a good question, and unfortunately the answer is that the request/response highlights are not currently included in the XML output. You could possibly use the HTML report format and do a transformation of that to generate your custom reports, since the HTML report does include highlights.

Burp User | Last updated: Nov 11, 2016 08:07AM UTC

Thanks for your reply! I would like to upgrade my question to become a feature request. /Peter

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.