The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Repeater - WebSocket Message - Copy to file/Paste from file isn't working

Niv | Last updated: Aug 23, 2024 01:07AM UTC

Hello, The Copy to file/Paste from file options in the Burp Suite Repeater tab is not functioning as expected when sending a WebSocket request.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 23, 2024 09:49AM UTC

Hi Could you tell me the version of Burp you are on? Could you also tell me the OS of your machine? Is there a particular way that this is failing? Does the file selector open and stop working, or are you able to select a file but nothing happens?

Niv | Last updated: Aug 24, 2024 12:13AM UTC

Hi Hannah, I'm using the latest version of the Burp suite (2024.6.6) on Windows 11. When I clicked the "Copy to file" or "Paste from file" options, the file selector did not open.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 26, 2024 10:44AM UTC

Thanks for this report! I've replicated this issue, and it looks like the last version where this functionality was working is v2023.12.1.5. We've raised a bug report to fix this behavior. In the meantime, you will need to use the standard copy-and-paste shortcuts to transfer your data to and from a file. If there's anything else we can help with, then please let us know.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.