Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

repeater via ctl r acting wonky

Chuck | Last updated: Feb 24, 2021 08:01PM UTC

Hello. I recently noticed something odd. When I send a request to repeater, then send another request to repeater, the second request wont go. I like everything works, but if i need a different repeater tab, no bueno. That's strange, right? I know I've sent multiple requests to repeater before, no? Can you helpme? Thanks.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 25, 2021 09:08AM UTC

Hi Thanks for getting in touch. I've just been trying to replicate this but, so far, I'm not seeing the same behavior (I'm probably doing something slightly different). Can you tell me a bit more about your setup and the steps you're taking when this happens, please? What version of Burp are you using and what OS is it installed on? When you send multiple requests to Repeater are you using the menus or keyboard shortcuts? Which tab are you on when you send the requests to Repeater? Once the requests are in the Repeater tab are you performing any other actions such as sending them or editing them?

Chuck | Last updated: Feb 25, 2021 03:08PM UTC

Ok, so when I am testing an LFI in a POST request, I turn on Intercept, send the post request in the Browser, get the captured request from Intercept. Then i right click and send to repeater. The intercepted request is now in the repeater tab. Normal behavior. Ok, Now, if I am testing the same webapp, but a different intercepted request, I either right click and send to repeater, or I use ctl R. Should send this request to repeater, but it doesnt. it sends nothing to repeater after the first one. The only way for me to get around this is to exit Burp and restart. I am running Burp Professional v2021_2 on Kali 2020.4 NOT in a VM. thank you.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 26, 2021 11:01AM UTC

Thanks for the extra details. I've just been having another go at replicating this here, I must still be doing something slightly different though. Do you see the same behavior if you use version 2021.2.1? Would you be able to email me a screen recording of this happening on your system so I can take a closer look, please? If you can send it to support@portswigger.net it might help me figure out what's different between our tests.

Chuck | Last updated: Feb 27, 2021 04:00PM UTC

I got it figured out. I went back and looked at any thing that i was doing different. Turns out, I had downloaded BurpCustomizer from BAPP around the same time as the 2021 update was installed. I disabled the customizer. I am all fixed up. I guess having a working repeater tab is much better than having a purple gui. Thanks.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 01, 2021 11:53AM UTC

Thanks for the update, I'm glad you've found the cause. I believe the author has released an update for BurpCustomizer if you did want to try it out again.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.