Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Repeater used to show response time in ms. Now it shows byte size?

Matt | Last updated: Apr 02, 2020 02:25PM UTC

Byte size is not helpful since I can see response length in the message editor. How can I switch back to showing response time in Repeater in the bottom right-hand corner?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 02, 2020 05:19PM UTC

Hi Matt, We were made aware of this issue by some of our customers and have passed this onto the Burp developers. They have created a fix that will reintroduce this functionality in the next Burp release. We will update this forum post when the new release with this functionality has been issued. Please let us know if you require any more information.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 28, 2020 02:05PM UTC

The response time has been restored to the repeater tab. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

IAKOVENKO | Last updated: May 27, 2020 04:55PM UTC

Hello, I just installed version 2020.4.1 and the Repeater is still not showing response time , instead it shows bytes size. Can you fix this please? it's really useful! thx

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 28, 2020 08:10AM UTC

Is this happening for all responses or just certain ones?

IAKOVENKO | Last updated: Jun 02, 2020 04:44PM UTC

Hello Michelle, As I can see it s on 401 Forbidden response code that there isn't the response time.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 03, 2020 07:31AM UTC

Hi We identified a bug which affected the Response received and completed columns for 401 requests in both the Repeater and Intruder tabs, we have a fix for it which will be included in the next release.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 10, 2020 09:44AM UTC

Hi, We have recently released Burp, Version 2020.5 which should have fixed the issue that you were experiencing with response times.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.