Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

REPEATER REPONSE MANIPULATION !

Ajaykumar | Last updated: Jun 14, 2020 10:00AM UTC

In Repeater, we can edit request and see the response, but same way can we edit response and see output? Please illustrate with screenshots and mail me. Thank you!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 15, 2020 11:32AM UTC

Hi, Burp Repeater is used for manually manipulating and reissuing individual HTTP requests and analyzing the application's responses. You cannot make changes to the HTTP responses within Repeater. You would have to use Burp Proxy to intercept and edit both the request and response. You can set the Burp Proxy to intercept a request response by selecting Action -> Do intercept -> Response to this request within Proxy -> Intercept. This will then intercept the response before it gets sent to the browser, allowing you to make changes and observe the output. I have attached a screenshot to help illustrate this. Please let us know if you need any further information.

Assaf | Last updated: Aug 15, 2023 10:10AM UTC

Hi Ben, PortSwigger Agent Other users can't see the attached screenshot to help illustrate this.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 15, 2023 10:25AM UTC

Hi Assaf Unfortunately, we cannot share attachments via the forum. If you would like a screenshot of these steps, please email support@portswigger.net. However, if you follow the steps listed by my colleague, you should be able to achieve the steps: Navigate to Proxy-> Intercept. You will need to turn the Intercept on and, in your browser, browse to the site you wish. From there, you can click on the Action button, which will bring up a drop-down menu. In that menu, choose 'Do intercept' -> Response to this request.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.