Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Remove Java JRE 1.9.0 on Burp Suite Enterprise Edition v2021.11

Huynh, | Last updated: Dec 07, 2021 07:15PM UTC

Tenable.sc scans picked up end of life for java jre 1.9.0: Path : /opt/burpsuite_enterprise Installed version : 1.9.0_4 Latest versions : 1.8.x / 1.11.x / 1.15.x Support dates : 2018-03-01 (end of life) How do I clean up the jre 1.9.0 from current running installation of burpsuite ?

Maia, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 08, 2021 11:38AM UTC

Hi, Currently, the best way of removing JRE 1.9 is to reinstall Burp Suite Enterprise Edition. Manual clean-up is not recommended at this time as 1.9 is still in use by one of the burp components in upgraded installations. We are looking to address this in a future update. Fresh installations will only use JRE 1.11.

Huynh, | Last updated: Dec 08, 2021 07:36PM UTC

Hi, Our current Burp Suite Enterprise is on RHEL 8 without graphic interface, command line only. What script do I run to do the reinstall and not affect the current configurations ? Thanks.

Huynh, | Last updated: Dec 08, 2021 07:44PM UTC

Do I need to stop the service first ?

Maia, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 09, 2021 11:42AM UTC

You don't need to stop the services, you can simply run the installer from the command line again. All of your logs and data will remain intact and the settings you chose for your original installation will be used again. Please check the version of Burp Suite Enterprise that you are using and ensure that you use with the same version of the installer, or higher. Using an older version will cause issues. I recommend backing up first (especially your database and data folder) and using the latest version from the releases page: https://portswigger.net/burp/releases#enterprise When you run the installer please make sure you select the same installation directory as your current installation. This is /usr/local/burpsuite_enterprise by default on Linux. You will then be prompted with a message saying that an installation already exists and will be replaced. Select OK to continue. The current installation will then be uninstalled and the new files extracted. All being well you will see the services start up again and then a message saying that the installation has finished and to launch the web console.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.