Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Remove false positives

Alban | Last updated: Oct 11, 2022 11:30AM UTC

Hi! I marked some issues as false positives, how can I remove them from the exclusion list? I try to get them back. Thanks!

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 11, 2022 12:16PM UTC

Thanks for your message, AJ. If you click into an issue, you should be able to use the "Unmark as false positive" button in the top right corner of the console. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Alban | Last updated: Oct 18, 2022 12:59PM UTC

Hi The problem is that I don't see this issue anymore once I marked it as false-positive. I used 'This issue and all existing issues with the same type and URL' to mark it. Where can I unmark it? Many thanks!

Maia, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 18, 2022 02:36PM UTC

Can you make sure you don't have a filter selected or try filtering on false positives? In Burp Suite Enterprise Edition false positives will move out of the way to the bottom of the list (or sub-list if under another item), so you may need to scroll down if you have a lot of issues.

Alban | Last updated: Oct 21, 2022 06:59AM UTC

No I don't see it, but perhaps I'm doing something wrong? I did this: 1. Sites tab --> Site with issues --> click site name --> issues tab --> click on issue --> 'Mark as false positive' -> 'This issue' 2. Issue is gone as expected 3. Sites tab --> Site with issues --> click site name --> issues tab --> cannot find it anymore Then I tried doing this: 1. Home --> Issues --> click on second issue name --> 'Mark as false positive' -> 'This issue' 2. Second issue is gone as expected 3. Home --> Issues --> cannot find second issue anymore I use Version 2022.9-10760 on Kubernetes, no filters are used. You got any idea?

Alban | Last updated: Oct 21, 2022 07:08AM UTC

OK never mind, found it going this route: 1. Scans --> click site name --> issues Would be nice to get it consistent across the dashboards or having a single pane (or filter) listing all false positive thus avoiding clicking through all site names. Thanks

Will | Last updated: Mar 08, 2023 09:43PM UTC

I agree very much that a unified view of false positives would help us audit false positives much more easily

Will | Last updated: Mar 08, 2023 09:47PM UTC

It would also be really helpful for auditing purposes to know who marked the issue as a false positive

Maia, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 09, 2023 01:46PM UTC

Thanks for your feedback. I have raised this as a feature request and I have associated this thread with the request. We will post an update if it gets taken forward and implemented in a future release.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.