Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Re-run specific Scanner Checks

Gerrit | Last updated: Oct 26, 2015 02:44PM UTC

It would be great to be able to re-run specific scanner checks to check to see if a finding was indeed fixed or not. I realize that most Scanner finding can simply be sent to the repeater and done that way, however, at least the the burpcollaborator findings, this is harder to do, without setting up some more significant infrastructure.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 27, 2015 12:21PM UTC

Thanks for this request. We do have plans for a specific "retest" mode in the Scanner. You'll be able to make Burp perform a targeted scan based on a set of existing findings, and report whether each issue still exists. We don't currently have an ETA for this feature, sorry.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 27, 2015 12:47PM UTC

I'm afraid there's nothing we can release just now. We have had internal discussions and begun the work on the feature specification.

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 25, 2016 04:15PM UTC

As a licensed user it sure would be nice to have a retest mode. If a developer says it is fixed would just make life easier.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 10, 2017 12:32PM UTC

Do you have news regarding such a retest-feature in burp scanner? I would appreciate this.

Burp User | Last updated: Jan 16, 2020 01:34PM UTC

Is there an update to this feature. This would be great. If no feature exists yet, is there a blog entry, knowledge base article or other some other instruction on how best to send the request back to the scanner to re-run the scan?

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 16, 2020 01:51PM UTC

Hi Paul, If you go to the Dashboard and select View details under a scan, it should open another dialog box. Select Audit items > right-click on the specific issue > Audit again. Let me know if this does not resolve your issue and I would be happy to investigate further.

Wayne | Last updated: Mar 13, 2024 02:06PM UTC

Do we have something similar for burp enterprise...where we can retest particular issue in burp enterprise ?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 13, 2024 03:00PM UTC

Thanks for your message, Wayne.

This feature is not currently available in Burp Enterprise; however, we plan to provide a solution for this workflow. Unfortunately, we can't provide an ETA.

Wayne | Last updated: Mar 14, 2024 07:32AM UTC

It's been 9 years.....we should get this in BE

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 14, 2024 10:41AM UTC

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.