The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Questions about Examity

Chee | Last updated: Aug 16, 2024 05:15PM UTC

Hi support, I have booked my BSCP exam and I was going through the forums and saw a few posts regarding the proctoring session, I would like to clarify the following questions below. 1. I assume that after clicking start exam on portswigger site, I will be redirected to Examity for ID verification and I understand that the proctoring is only limited to the ID verification. Do I close the proctoring session after starting the exam? 2. Do I have to share my screen throughout the exam? 3. How do I end the exam? 4. Do I need to keep the proctoring window during the entirety of the exam? 5. I saw that there was some "password" from one of the forum post within the Examity proctoring session, do I need that password for anything?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 19, 2024 07:31AM UTC

Hi Chee, Please find answers to your questions below: 1 - Yes, there is no requirement to keep the proctoring session going once you have successfully verified your identity 2 - No, the proctoring/screen sharing phase of the exam is only used at the start to verify your identity and you do not have to share/record your screen after this has been completed. 3 - The exam will 'end' either after the four hours have elapsed or after you have successfully completed the exam tasks and uploaded your Burp project file 4 - No, as above - the proctoring phase of the exam is required at the start of the exam to verify your identity 5 - Due to the integration between Portswigger and Examity there is a requirement to enter a password in order to initiate your exam. You are given this password during the proctoring phase of the exam (this is provided by an 'Insert password' button - you click the button when prompted in order to enter your unique exam password). Please let us know if you require any further information or clarification.

Mammadyar | Last updated: Aug 27, 2024 05:01PM UTC

very good questions and answers. It would be nice to see this in faq section for the exam.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 28, 2024 01:03PM UTC

Hi Mammadyar, We can certainly feed this back to the rest of the time. Thanks!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.