Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Python Extension - Requests / Urllib modules - Certification Error

Savan | Last updated: Nov 29, 2020 05:37PM UTC

Hi Team, While using python's library requests and urllib to send the requests from Burp Extension, I am getting following error: raise SSLError(e, request=request) requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='portswigger.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /burp (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, u'PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target (sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target)'),)) It looks like certification path should be updated in following line(but not sure, how will it work in the case of extension): r = session.get(urldata, cookies=cookie, proxies=proxies, verify="path / to / cert") I tried to disable verification but did not work with extension, normally it works. r = session.get(urldata, cookies=cookie, proxies=proxies, verify=False) Could you please help me to resolve this issue? Thanks, Savan

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 30, 2020 11:10AM UTC

Hi Savan, This looks like it could be a Python issue and not a Burp one. Unfortunately, support for writing extensions is out of scope for our technical support service. However, your post will stay up and a member of the community is free to reply. What are you trying to do exactly? You should be using Burp Networking to make your HTTP requests - e.g. makeHTTPRequest (https://portswigger.net/burp/extender/api/burp/IBurpExtenderCallbacks.html#makeHttpRequest(burp.IHttpService,%20byte[])). Have you tried this?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.