The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Put IParameter list into request body as XML

Kjetil | Last updated: Mar 29, 2016 06:21AM UTC

Hi! I am writing an extension, and I'm trying to insert a List<IParameter> back into the body of a request as XML, after I have modified a parameter in this list. What would be the easiest way to go about doing this? I have tried to do what you can see in the code below, although that obviously does not work: IRequestInfo iri = helpers.analyzeRequest(messageInfo); List<IParameter> parameters = iri.getParameters(); IParameter iParam = helpers.buildParameter("XMLparameter", data, IParameter.PARAM_XML); parameters.set(index, iParam); requestBytes = helpers.buildHttpMessage(iri.getHeaders(), parameters);

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 30, 2016 07:58AM UTC

The parameter handling API doesn't handle "parameters" within XML content, in terms of modifying their values and rebuilding requests. You would need to implement this capability yourself by directly modifying or rebuilding the request buffer.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.