Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Proxy - Miscellaneous - Unpack gzip should apply on display not on original packet

r00t5h3ll | Last updated: Aug 14, 2023 10:39AM UTC

In some cases, although there is Content-Encoding: gzip in the response header, the content is encrypted first and then decrypted by gzip, especially for mobile applications. At this time, I found that if I selected this option, it would cause an error in the mobile application, because what I got was the content that had been decoded by gzip. In my understanding, the options here should take effect when the interface is displayed, rather than modifying the original data returned to the client.

r00t5h3ll | Last updated: Aug 14, 2023 10:41AM UTC

This default option will cause some strange phenomena. For example, there is no problem when using charles to capture packets, but there are problems when switching to burpsuite.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 14, 2023 03:22PM UTC

Can you send an email to support@portswigger.net with some examples of the problems you're seeing when you switch to Burp so we can get a better understanding of the issue?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.