The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Proxy HTTP History - viewing panes not updating

neville | Last updated: Sep 30, 2024 03:26PM UTC

When using the Proxy HTTP History, the request and response viewing panes stop updating after a period of use. The selected request is highlighted in the top pane, but this does not change the contents of the view panes below. It has happened to me three times today, causing me to restart Burp. I am using Burp Pro v2024.7.6.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 01, 2024 08:07AM UTC

Hi Thanks for getting in touch to report this issue. I've been trying to replicate this here, but so far without success. To help us investigate this further can you please email support@portswigger.net with the following details: - The output from Help > Diagnostics from your installation of Burp so we can more accurately replicate your setup - The steps you're taking when this happens, e.g. is this happening when you're using the up and down arrow keys to move between requests? - Have you customised the columns in the Proxy History view at all? - Which layout do you use in the request/response pane? - Do you have any extensions enabled? If so, does the issue also occur when all extensions are disabled? - How often does this happen?

neville | Last updated: Oct 01, 2024 10:00AM UTC

Hi Thanks for your response. The behaviour I described above happened once today again. I had quite a few extensions enabled, so I will do a bit more diagnostics here (disable/reenable) before emailing support@. I usually have a number of extensions enabled, without issues, but I recently installed SAML Raider, so that's my prime suspect. Regarding the steps I take when this happens, i am clicking through requests in the top Proxy History pane and viewing the request & response panes below in a side-by-side configuration. Then at some point a click on a different request line in the top pane stops changing the panes below. They remain fixed on a particular request/response. I am still able to scroll the top pane and select other requests (they become highlighted) but nothing changes in the view panes below. The columns are not customised, other than maybe their width.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 01, 2024 01:23PM UTC

Thanks for the update. I've also been doing some more testing but still haven't been able to replicate this yet. Do you have Settings > Suite > Performance feedback > Automatically submit feedback about Burp's performance enabled? If you do, can you send me the output from Help > Diagnostics and I can check to see if we've seen any exceptions that might relate to this issue, which might help us to pin down the cause).

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.