Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Proxy - > HTTP History: Remember the columns custom order

Dragos | Last updated: Mar 09, 2020 03:33AM UTC

Hi, Please consider retaining/remember across project saved options the columns custom order. Personally, I do find very less appealing the effort I have to invest to manually order the current columns as I want to see things, say, #, Host, Method, URL, Params, status, Port, etc... Once I do this, every time I reopen the project's file I have them reset to default. Which is less desirable. Also, please consider hiding some of these columns I am not interested to see them. Thank you!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 09, 2020 09:11AM UTC

Hi Dragos, We do have a feature request in our development backlog to provide the functionality to persist column ordering within the HTTP history tab but we cannot currently provide an ETA of when this will be implemented. I will add your ticket to this request so that our developers can prioritize their resources based upon demand and you will also be informed if this feature is implemented in a future version of Burp.

Scott | Last updated: Aug 10, 2020 01:24PM UTC

Please consider bumping up the priority on this item. It may seem small, but it gets quite annoying to have to do this on every startup. I use Burp daily, and have multiple active projects, so it's not uncommon to start it at least daily, and sometimes many times in a day. Each time I do active work, that means moving all of the columns to the right place and resizing them. It may just take a minute, but over the course of a year, that's 6 hours wasted just adjusting columns. Just a preference checkbox to remember column order and sizes in the Proxy options would do the trick.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 11, 2020 07:29AM UTC

Hi Scott, Thank you for your interest in this feature - this is still in our development backlog but we will update this thread if we have any further news to share.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.