Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Proxy HTTP History Not Showing All GET Requests

Matt | Last updated: Jan 20, 2022 05:58PM UTC

Hello, I have been trying to work on one of the labs using BurpSuite. Link Here: https://portswigger.net/web-security/authentication/multi-factor/lab-2fa-broken-logic The problem I am running into is that I should be seeing GET requests to /login and /login2 in the proxy HTTP history in BurpSuite, but they don't show up. I only see requests to POST for /login and /login2. Does this have to do with browser caching or something? I've turned off all filtering so that everything should show up. I've also tried this on both Google Chrome and Firefox. Not really sure how to solve this problem. What's even more unusual to me is that if I turn on intercept I will see the GET requests getting intercepted. They show up there. But then if I go to the HTTP history they won't be there. By the way I am running on Debian Unstable if that matters.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 21, 2022 08:24AM UTC

Hi Matt, I have just carried out the first few steps of the solution for this lab, using the embedded browser, and I appear to be observing the requisite requests in the HTTP history so it does look like it is working as expected at some level. Is it possible to see a screenshot of what settings you have configured in the filter in your HTTP history (if you want to send us an email with this attached then please feel free to sent it to support@portswigger.net)? Also, if you start from scratch with the lab, do you see these requests in the Logger tab of Burp (unless you have changed some settings in here this should be logging all requests from all of the tools within Burp)?

Matt | Last updated: Jan 21, 2022 07:28PM UTC

I went in and tried the lab from the beginning again today. For some reason I am now seeing the GET requests. It may have been something I misconfigured, or I just failed to see them, I don't know. But everything looks like it's working okay now. Thanks!

Matt | Last updated: Jan 21, 2022 07:28PM UTC

I went in and tried the lab from the beginning again today. For some reason I am now seeing the GET requests. It may have been something I misconfigured, or I just failed to see them, I don't know. But everything looks like it's working okay now. Thanks!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.