Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

proxy error received fatal alert handshake_failure

bl4ck | Last updated: Jan 01, 2021 12:36PM UTC

hi i have mac os catalina. burp version - v2020.12.1 Knock out 2 errors in the dashboard: type: error source: proxy Received fatal alert: handshake_failure + readHandshakeRecord With these errors, burp stops scanning ... it stops scanning and nothing happens, I have already updated the certificate! Added a new project to the dashboard - nothing happens, scanning does not work! It helps to turn off the burp and turn it on again! But then after a while the same errors and scanning stops

bl4ck | Last updated: Jan 02, 2021 02:31PM UTC

noticed that when I add after all these errors (handshake)- new task then scanning of the project does not occur! everything seems to be on pause

bl4ck | Last updated: Jan 02, 2021 04:45PM UTC

Burp Suite Professional Error Received fatal alert: handshake_failure this is what it showed with an error in the browser

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 04, 2021 09:10AM UTC

Thanks for your message. Are you seeing this error with all sites or just this one? If you browse to the site using Burp as a proxy does the same error appear? If you would like to share some screenshots you can email them to us using support@portswigger.net.

bl4ck | Last updated: Jan 04, 2021 03:25PM UTC

Yes, I use the burp as a proxy and this error does not always appear in the browser, not on all sites! but when I run penetration tests after restarting the burp, these errors pop up in the program itself first!

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 05, 2021 09:02AM UTC

Are you able to identify the URL that Burp Scanner is accessing when the message appears? Could you email us some screenshots to support@portswigger.net to show us what you are seeing, please?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.