Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Proxy Configurations

Ryan | Last updated: Aug 05, 2021 08:09PM UTC

I am using Burp (Windows 10) within a corporate environment and they use a Proxy PAC file for proxy configurations. I am having issues routing requests via the proxy out. It seems older versions appear to work on other machines but when I attempt to reinstall an older version on my machine it does not work. Is there a way to fully remove Burp Suite along with any previous configs/licenses so I can attempt to use an older version.

Ryan | Last updated: Aug 05, 2021 08:15PM UTC

To add I an using Burp 2021_6_2 which is not working and another user is using Burp 2020_9_2 and they are able to get things working.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 06, 2021 08:03AM UTC

Hi Ryan, You should be able to use the Help -> Clean Burp from computer menu option in order to remove all aspects of Burp from your machine (this launches a prompt allowing you to decide which particular aspects of Burp you wish to remove). Having said that, if you install a different version to a completely separate location (as specified during the installation wizard) then you should be able to have more than one version installed without each version impacting on the others. Finally, are you able to provide us with any more details about the actual issue you are facing with the proxy configuration? We do not natively support the use of PAC files (although we do have an existing feature request for this and I can certainly add your interest to it so that we can accurately gauge demand) but we would be interested to find out why your colleagues setups work in earlier versions of Burp but, potentially, not the later versions.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.