Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Proxy (Chromium) not working on some sites

Pandoraah | Last updated: Apr 13, 2023 05:24AM UTC

I am currently using the latest version of Burp Suite Community and I cannot get access to any sites without needing to relaunch the browser. On initial launch, the proxy works for the Chromium browser, but after a while it cuts out and occasionally crashes the entire browser. I have imported the CA cert, tried to disable TLSv1.3 and also disable browser security protocols, but cant seem to get anything to work properly. My Chromium version is 112.0.5615.50.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 13, 2023 05:11PM UTC

Hi, Just to clarify the scenario - you mention that the proxy works for the browser, as expected, to begin with but then cuts out. What do you see in the browser when you attempt to navigate to a site when this happens? Does relaunching the browser then resolve this issue or does this still persist?

Dapper | Last updated: Apr 19, 2023 09:47PM UTC

I am facing the same issue....

Dapper | Last updated: Apr 19, 2023 09:53PM UTC

Yes relaunching the browser does solve the issue only for the first site that we open. then again same issue. I am using the latest version.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 20, 2023 08:27AM UTC

Hi, Are you able to email us at support@portswigger.net and include the following information: - Are we able to get a copy of your diagnostic information (via the Help -> Diagnostics menu item) so that we can see the exact setup that you are running? - Are we able to get a screen recording showing the exact behaviour that you are seeing? - Are we able to get a screenshot of the 'Event log' within the Dashboard tab when this happens? - If you setup an external browser to proxy its traffic through Burp, does this work as expected and it is only the embedded browser that experiences issues on the machine that you are using?

Juma | Last updated: Mar 01, 2024 10:27AM UTC

Mine has aproblem with loading. It loads a page forever and it also says it's not secure. I can not intercept anything right now. Kindly help.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 01, 2024 12:07PM UTC

Hi Juma, Do you happen to have the 'Intercept is on' configuration set under the Proxy -> Intercept tab when you observe the pages not loading? It might be useful if we could see a screenshot of exactly what you see in the browser when you attempt to navigate to a well know site.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.